Modern Laboratory Management
C.Gerhardt has been known for dacades for manufacturing state-of-the-art rapid extraction units for all kinds of laboratories round the globe. The current range of Soxtherm models, are an asset for any lab and prepare the user for the future.
Soxtherm meets the requirements of efficient quality control and opens the way for modern laboratory management.
The new controlling software ‘Soxtherm-Manager’ has further improved work flow, offering a vast variety of documentation tools.
The operation can either be done using the controlling software Soxtherm-Manager or using the external controller Multistat. Both can operate and control up to 4 Soxtherm units independently, no matter how many places they have. The fully automated process ensures highest precision with lowest effort.
2-, 4- or 6 Place Unit
Gerhardt offers a solution for any size of laboratory regardless of the sample throughput. 3 models are available, with 2, 4 or 6 places. They can be operated as either stand-alone units or combined. When taking advantage of the maximum capacity of four 6-place units. 24 samples may be run simultaneously. When combined each extraction unit can be used independently, thus different types of sample can be extracted with various solvents at the same time.
- The construction ensures a high standard of security when handling solvents
- Front door made of safety glass opens and closes automatically upon start or end of program
- Continous monitoring of all services ensures additional safety
- Temperature is controlled twice: by the software and by the safety temperature plug for 135 °C, 200 °C und 300 °C
- A serial group of Soxtherms can be set up handling up to 24 samples for various types which can be analyzed simultaneously
- Fat determination of food and feeds
- Extraction for sample preparation
- Various solvents can be used
- Automatic and efficient solvent recovery, thus solvents may be reused
- Control of the amount of cooling water ensures low water consumption
- Compact design saves precious bench space in the laboratory
- Up to 4 units can be controlled by only one controller, allowing cheaper upgrades.
- 2-, 4- and 6-place units give the widest range of options
- Solvent recovery reduces running costs
- Water and compressed air control gives unattended operation and saves water making the system environmentally friendly
- Fast and accurate, allowing increased sample throughput compared to the traditional Soxhlet
- Capable of being used with all solvents giving flexibility of applications
- Fully programmable with automatic start-up and shut down for unattended operation
- Only 3 moving parts and no internal seals mean no routine maintenance is required
- 4 different sizes of thimbles can be used Single button operation for easy use
- Cooling water and air monitoring (shuts down the system in the event of a service failure)
- Safety front window protects the operator from hot surfaces
- Over temperature cut-off prevents flash point of the solvent being exceeded
- Optical sensor on solvent recovery tank prevents overfilling
- Acoustic and visual warnings inform operator of system problems
- Illuminated glass beakers allow easy visual inspection of extraction progress
Gentle Treatment of Sample - Fully Automatic
The extraction process is performed in 5 programmable steps which ensures complete extraction of the samples. The patented process is fully automatic and especially suitable for fat determination and residue analysis.